Bible Studies and fellowship
The health of a congregation is often linked to the number of people who are growing spiritually through studying the Bible. At Grace Lutheran, our members have opportunities to be nurtured in their faith as the Holy Spirit works through God’s Word. If you have questions about any of the Bible-based offerings, contact Pastor. Please find a place (or more than one) where your faith can be strengthened in your Savior Jesus! Check out the details of some of these opportunities by clicking the areas below:
- Sunday School
- Sunday School starts at 9:30 am and is open to member and nonmember children between the age of 3 and those entering fifth grade.
- Bible Enrichment
- Adult bible class is also at 9:30 am (while your children are in Sunday School) and led by Pastor Erik Gernander. This Bible study provides a basic understanding of Scripture and Lutheran teaching. Each lesson contains material from Scripture plus and content and application discussion questions and answers.
- Midweek Evening Bible Study
- We are focused on the Book of Danial. Class meets at the church on Wednesdays from 7:00-8:30pm with time for fellowship. Please join us of for this time of spiritual growth and better understanding of God’s will for our lives on earth and the eternal life that belongs to us through faith in Christ!
- Midweek Morning Bible Study
- We are focused on the Book of Ephesians. Class meets at the Culvers Restaurant on Broadway in Columbia on Thursdays from 11:00am-12:30pm. Please join us of for this time of spiritual growth and better understanding of God’s will for our lives on earth and the eternal life that belongs to us through faith in Christ!
- Campus Ministry
- More on this item soon!
- Catechism Classes
- Grace Lutheran offers Christian training for students in sixth grade or older who desire to become communicant members. Students learn basic Bible teachings that are guided by Luther’s Small Catechism. If you want more information, please contact Pastor today. Please pray that the Holy Spirit strengthens the faith of our young people as they continue to grow in his Word!
- Bible Information Classes
- Pastor Ernst conducts in-home Bible Information Classes (BIC) that teach Bible basics to adults and high school teens. If you know of anyone interested, Pastor will accommodate any household schedule.
- At Grace we enjoy the friendship and fellowship of others through congregational potlucks, picnics, game nights and other activities!
- Ask the Pastor
- Have a question? Then “Ask the Pastor” Have you ever wondered about Creation versus Evolution? Maybe you’ve even wondered if there really is a heaven or hell! It may not even be you with the questions. Maybe your child, a friend, a co-worker, or a skeptic has asked you a question you can’t answer. Regardless of whether it’s your question or someone else’s, rest assured that God has the answer. So instead of turning to Google for the answer, just ask Pastor. You can use the form below if you’d like. Pastor will contact you and give you the most appropriate and correct answer based on God’s word. May this be an opportunity for all of us to grow in the Word and appreciation for God’s will in our lives!